Many of our website clients want the ability to easily add, edit, update, and delete text, images, and pages on their website. A Joomla Content Management System (CMS) provides a way for these clients to easily achieve these goals.
A website content management system (CMS) is a computer system used to manage and control a large or small, dynamic collection of web material (HTML documents and their associated images). A CMS facilitates document control, auditing, editing, and management. The beauty of a CMS is that it does not require the CMS user to be an HTML expert. Furthermore, it allows the CMS user to easily update web pages using a simple web browser interface. Key Features of the Joomla Content Management System
A Web CMS provides the following key features:
- Automated templates Create standard visual templates that can be automatically applied to new and existing content, creating one central place to change that look across a group of content on a site.
- Easily editable content Once your content is separate from the visual presentation of your site, it usually becomes much easier and quicker to edit and manipulate. Most CMS software include WYSIWYG editing tools allowing non-technical individuals to create and edit content.
- Numerous Add-On and Plug-Ins to Add MORE Features Most CMS have plug-ins or modules that can be easily installed to extend an existing site’s functionality. For example, you can add newsletters, event calendars, ecommerce shopping carts, photo galleries, and more.
- Web standards upgrades The Joomla CMS has a VERY active development and user community. As a result, the Joomla software gets tested extensively and updated regularly with new features and bug fixes.
- Workflow management Joomla has the ability to control the content publishing process. For example, a content creator can submit a story, but Joomla can prevent the publishing of the story until an editor cleans it up and approves the story.
- Document management Joomla provides an easy way to managing the life cycle of a document, from initial creation time, through revisions, publication, and document archiving.
- Shopping Cart / Ecommerce Joomla also has the ability to incorporate a shopping cart / ecommerce system so you can sell products and services on your Joomla CMS web site. In addition, Joomla has several plugins that allow you to sell time-based subscriptions to content on your Joomla CMS website.
WriteNowDesign.com can help you create a new Joomla CMS website or migrate your existing website to a Joomla CMS. In addition, there are several other Content Management Systems that WriteNowDesign can install for you.