Joomla installation is very even for novice and especially for web developer. Though it easy to install, user should have enough knowledge about this CMS platform before purchasing it. User should know how to use this, where this should be used and what are the requirements needed to run the full version of joomla and what are the other software needed to fully run this CMS.
There are two ways on how to install this CMS platform. It could be through manual installation or standard browser installation.
But there are some things to consider before installing Joomla. This CMS platform is not like other software that can be installed directly over your computer. You should have a web server and hosting account before you can run this software. But acquiring a hosting account is quite expensive. So instead of purchasing a hosting account, you can actually run your web server though your computer by using a local host. You also need some software that caters APACHE, PHP and MYSQL to run the Joomla and its components. Examples of this software are XAMPP and WAMP. You have to fully run either of this two before installing your Joomla.
After installing your entire needed software requirement, now we are ready to install our Joomla installer. Lots of Joomla installer that can be downloaded in the internet. The latest version of Joomla installer is Joomla 1.5 which is a more detailed version of Joomla. The first thing you should do is to unzip your Joomla package installer in your local web server. Then open your web browser to install the package. Navigate the URL of your local host to open the Joomla installation process. Just follow all the steps needed until you finish installing.
If the browser installation doesn't work, try the installation process manually.
• Open, copy, rename and edit the configuration file. Open a directory and copy the file. Rename the copied files. Edit the field after saving the file in Joomla administrator.
• SQL file should be edited. Open the file and edit the database table.
• Directories and files will be uploaded to the web server.
• Make database server and the data will be imported to joomla.sql. Accessing the server using the MySQL system.
• Create a new user account for the primary administrator. Set the username and password into admin but this could be edited after completing the installation.
• The sample_data.sql will optionally import. If the data is required to be installed in a database, the importing process must be completed.
• The installation is finished
Knowing more information on Joomla installation, there are many browser installations that could be access online.