Are you facing trouble managing web content published in your website? Do you have a website with heavy web-content? Controlling the in-flow and out-flow of web content really seem to get impossibly messy at times. Hours and hours of segregating and sorting may still not give you a satisfactory result. Do you have to shut down your website once in a while, to clean up all the junk? Are you looking for a software that effectively keeps your website content neatly rated without any overheads?
In that case, it's time for you to sit back and relax, because we have found you the perfect partner that will solve all your problems.
Yes, Joomla is the key to the mystery of content management! Leave your work assigned to this beast, and be amazed at the level of precision of its work. Take a look at its high-end specifications, and know why Joomla is, today, the most popular of all website-software available in the market.
1. Joomla is essentially a Content Management System.
2. Joomla is used for publishing web-content.
3. Joomla is open-source.
4. Joomla is free.
5. Joomla is based on model-view controlling.
6. It has a web-application framework that can be used without the intervention of the CMS.
7. It is written in PHP.
8. It features Object Oriented Programming (OOP) techniques.
9. It carries out data storage in MySQL, PostgreSQL, and MS SQL database.
10. It has additional features like RSS feeds, caching of pages, printing options, blogs, news flashes, polls, language internationalization support and search.
11. More than 7700, commercial and free extensions are in the store for the official Joomla.
12. It may run on LAMP STACK.
Joomla was born in August 17th, 2005. Over the years, Joomla has kept growing and spreading out its wings and has become better and better every passing day. By the time it was February 2014, Joomla had already downloaded more than 50 million times!
Jooma's extensibility has made it extremely popular among website-developers. Joomla has five different types of Extensions:
1. Components have two divisions- a site and an administrator. One component renders the main page body every time a Joomla page loads.
2. Plugins are advanced extensions required for event-handling.
3. Templates are for holding the main design of the website.
4. Modules are the extensions that render pages.
5. Languages are simple extensions that may be used as an extension or core part.
It is probably due to these aspects, that Joomla was awarded the top open-source Content Management System at the Packt Open-source CMS award.
So what are you waiting for? Your worries of web-content management are over! Download the latest version of Joomla 2.5.22 LTS (compressed 7.6 MB; uncompressed 20.9 MB) today!