Joomla is a trademarked content management tool or content management system, as they are otherwise known. A content management system is simply a tool that allows people to effectively manage the content on their website. The beauty about Joomla is that even non-web designers can use this tool. There are typically three aspects to any website – its design, the interface and the content within it. Install Joomla template allows its users to effectively design their websites, make an interface that they want and keep updating the site with relevant content. A whole host of powerful applications can also be developed using Joomla. The advantage also lies in the fact that different users can handle all three elements separately.
Apart from this, the best part about Joomla template is that it is an open-source software and therefore free.
To install Joomla and utilize it requires no prior knowledge of programming. Joomla template allows the website to be modified by combining various modules. It helps the framework in PHP, the main reason why the modules are written and making things easy for the designers. Therefore, the designer can add various modules like RSS feeds, polls, language options and many more with minimal design experience. In fact install Joomla template can be used by the designers for the following:
o Corporate websites
o Company intranets
o Online publications like magazines and newspapers
o E-Commerce websites
o Websites for Government, non-profit organizations, school / college and small businesses
How to install Joomla using FTP
1. Before you install Joomla template onto your web hosting account, download the latest version from the company website and extract the contents. This extracted content will then be uploaded to your web hosting account-using FTP.
2. You will then need to log into the cPanel account and click the "MySQL Databases" link
3. Now click on "Add Database". Type the desired name for the same.
4. Now you can add users by clicking on the "Add User" link. Here you create the user name and desired password. Assign the necessary privileges.
5. Now that your database is created, you can start setting up the website.
6. Enter the Joomla installation page by typing either your-domain-name.com or your-domain-name.com/Joomla
7. You will now enter the relevant information to configure your database.
8. Once all the information entered is accurate, then click "OK".
9. You will then need to enter your domain name and click on "Next". Confirm whenever all the elements like URL, pathname, email and password are all accurate.
10. Now using your FTP delete the installation directory. Once the deletion has been done, copy all the configuration files.
11. Copy-paste these configuration files into configuration.php file
12. Sit back and congratulate yourself. You have just created your own Joomla website!
You can click on the "View Site" link in order to see the fruits of your labor. One tip to keep in mind is to use the same username and password for the user-name as well as the database. This will avoid any confusion in the future.