HTML websites are static, so you cannot change your content frequently. For this reason many web developers are now converting their HTML website to Joomla to make it dynamic. Joomla is a popular content management system, which is often used to make professional websites as well. HTML to Joomla customization is easy, all you need to do is to follow some simple steps. There are some disadvantages of HTML websites, which you need to address first, if you want to convert it.
Challenges of HTML websites:HTML websites are static and for this reason the administrator cannot change or add new content to the website. You need to have sound HTML knowledge to modify the website. If you do not know HTML programming, you have to hire someone, which can be expensive and a time-consuming process. You cannot change the look of the website. Dynamic features such as forms, newsletters, and log in are missing from HTML websites. For all these reasons, it is advisable to shift from HTML to Joomla.
Advantages of Joomla website:Given below are some advantages of Joomla website over HTML.
- Joomla websites are dynamic so they are easily editable.
- Joomla is a CMS, therefore you can add content to your website anytime.
- Joomla comes with administration log in at backend, from where you can edit, add, create, and change the look of your website.
- It comes with a user management, where you can set different services for different users.
- Joomla templates are extremely handy to change the entire look of your website.
How to convert HTML to Joomla:
- Use the article manager to add descriptive names to your articles.
- If you have less number of pages, set the ‘Uncategorized’ option, else set two or three categories. The pages are created on Joomla and you need to integrate them to site menus.
- Select the number and name of the menus, if you want to add other menus except for ‘Main Menu’. By using the ‘Menu Manager’, you can create new menu, containing ‘Article Layout’.
- Select the article and set the menu title, as it can be similar to that of the article title. You also can create sub-menus.
- After setting the menus and submenus, go to Extensions of the site. Click on it for displaying the edit form.
- This form will let you know where to display the menu, depending on the template. The position can range from left, top, and user3.
- Select the menu from the pull-down list so that you can set the menu name in the menu manager.
- Select the style of the menu.
- Click on the preview.
The conversion from static HTML website to dynamic Joomla website is complete. Now you can add or modify new content to your website.