Joomla and Drupal are two of the most widely used CMSs (Content Management Systems). Both Drupal development and Joomla development have their own fan following. There has always been a huge tussle between Joomla developers and Drupal developers when it comes to deciding on which is the best and helps to create user-friendly interactive websites. In the last five years, both these platforms have revolutionized offshore web development and increased the market manifold.
Both these platforms have a lot in common with both of them being open source CMS. For both the platforms, there are hundreds of freelance developers and offshore development centers around the world to cater to ever-growing web business. If you have a requirement for Joomla or Drupal development, all you have to do is contact one of the Joomla and Drupal development service providers working across the globe. Both Joomla and Drupal are being widely used by businesses due to their cost effective nature. But like everything else, these platforms too have their own advantages and disadvantages.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Joomla and Drupal:
- Joomla was designed for websites and blogs, for people with little knowledge of technology. This makes it easy to use but has limitations when it comes to advance development. On the other hand, Drupal isn’t that user-friendly and helps in the development of high-performance websites.
- In Drupal, it is very easy to set up the theme and layout of the website making it very flexible for custom development. Whereas in case of Joomla things don’t work as smooth as it is surrounded by its own paradigms but the advantage is you can create professional looking website with limited options easily.
- When it comes to the back end administrator, Drupal has a relatively poorer administrator compared to Joomla. Developers have however overcome this with their expertise in handling the platform.
- In Drupal, you are able to use the same log-in-details for different sites, which makes work easy whereas in Joomla, every site will have its own login details. This however makes your websites much more secure.
- Drupal is the ideal platform to choose when it comes to developing large websites with hundreds of pages but Joomla has its advantages in developing smaller websites with lesser number of pages.
- Drupal can easily be transformed from a basic HTML /CSS structure, whereas Joomla requires extensive PHP and coding knowledge. On the other hand, Joomla has an extensive plugin and component directory, which makes it better than Drupal.
- For Joomla development, it is easy to get support from Joomla.org where you get comprehensive tutorials for developers and web owners. Drupal is more community oriented and you can get all the support you need from forums and groups.
All these make it difficult to choose between Drupal and Joomla when it comes to building and managing websites. Both Drupal developers and Joomla developers rate their platforms as the best. The choice is best when left to individuals based on their needs.
For exciting range of Drupal and Joomla development services, you must visit http://www.evontech.com/joomla-development.html.