Computer infected with the Twitter worm? You may also know it as "Stalkdaily" or "Mikey", which is not unlike a virus that effected MySpace a couple years ago. Basically the worm will infect your computer and post Tweets like:
1. Mikeyy I am done
2. MikeyyMikeyy is done
3. Twitter please fix this, regards Mikeyy
4. Twitter should really fix this
At this point your Twitter account has been compromised. You want to stop the spread of this virus before it goes any further. Viruses is not treated, will spread throughout your machine and use your computer as a launching pad for further attacks.
Here are the step by step instructions to remove Twitter worm:
– Change your password immediately as it has been compromised
– Log back into Twitter and delete any messages with "Mikeyy" or "Stalkdaily" in them
– Scan your computer with an antivirus program that can identify remnants of the Twitter worm
This ought to do the trick. Try to avoid web based Twitter profiles as these can be a source of infection. Check your own profile and see if there has been any changes or suspicious activity.
As far as antivirus software there is one I have found which can remove the pieces of the Twitter worm that were not already manually removed. You can scan your computer for free with it below and see what it comes up with.