Would you like to give your website visitors an easy way to contact you with comments or questions?
Sound too complicated? Do not worry. It's easy when you know about a couple of very cool tools.
If your website is a WordPress site, you can add one of these plugins to create a form:
- Contact Form 7: Great plugin, allows basic forms as well as multiple formats and more advanced features.
- Fast & Secure Contact Form: Another good plugin for forms with additional anti-spam features.
To add a plugin to your WordPress site, login to your Admin area then go to Plugins> Add New and search for the plugin's name. Once you've located it in the search results list you can install it by clicking the "Install" link.
If you're using a different website builder system, it may have a plugin or module available to make it easy to add a form so check with your webmaster, support team, or the system's documentation to see what your options are.
Not running WordPress for your website, can not figure out what your website builder system offers, or just prefer not to use a plugin? No problem, try one of these options:
- Google Documents: If you like Google docs you may want to check out their form creator. It's easy to use and saves your results in a spreadsheet you can view online. This one has lots of design choices, and you can even make your results public if you'd like to share the info you gather. Because it's managed by Google Docs you can also easily share access with your virtual assistant or business partner.
So, what can you do with your new forms?
- Add one to your contact page so it's easy for clients to get in touch with you.
- If you're a coach, create a feedback / account form so clients can report in weekly (or whatever frequency you like).
- Create a survey and find out what your clients want / need.
- … and more!