In the culture of modern web design, Cascading Style Sheet or CSS has become a popular tool and trend nowdays. With the development of numerous, fast and modern web design applications, the use of tables were no longer effective and efficient as it used to be. Today, CSS is found by most web designers as more effective, efficient and acceptable in their growing industry of web design. Such advantages are as follows:
• Consistency – With effective use of the "inheritance and cascading" features of CSS, a global style sheet can be used to affect style elements site-wide. If the situation arises that the styling of the elements should need to be changed or adjusted, these changes can be made easily, simply by editing a few rules in the global style sheet.
• Reformatting Friendly – At CSS, a simple change of one line and a different style sheet can be used for the same page. This helps and provides the user the option to tailor a page or site to different target devices. Also, devices not able to understand the styling will still display the content.
• Flexibility – CSS is so flexible that combining it with the functionality of Content Management System (CMS), you can program it into content submission forms. Here, the publisher is able to select and submit in the same form the layout of an article or page he is submitting, though he is not familiar with or able to edit CSS or HTML codes.
• Enhancement Friendly – With a clean CSS-layout, it's easier to optimize your website for mobile device such as iPhone; and in creating animation and effects, say with flash.
• Printer Friendly – With the CSS media type "print", users can specify a style sheet that is only used when printing. This can be very useful and allows for neatly styled printouts that hide non-essential parts of the page and only contain the main content.
• Modem Speed - In CSS, style sheets are used on multiple pages without being reloaded because they are typically stored in the browser cache. Therefore, the download speeds are increased and the data transfer over network is reduced.
• SEO Friendly – CSS makes your website SEO friendly, so boosts your search page ranking. Since search engines do not go through the bundles of HTML codes to get the indexed codes, if you use external CSS files to design and determine the design attributes; the HTML code will be clean and it will result in better search engine rankings. In CSS, you could easily make the main content of your site to show up above the header or navigation menu in the code of your website; then will help to show search engine crawlers the importance of your content. Because modern search engines such as Google, Yahoo and MSN love light-weighted websites. They want to see your content; the text, not the code. With CSS you practically externalize excessive code into external file, then leaving the actual page clean and simple.
Although the use of pure CSS alone meets a number of difficulties and drawbacks, yet it offers more than any other framework in the market today. Which framework you choose is really a personal decision. Different frameworks are better for different types of web designs, and for different designers. CSS being: SEO-reformatting-enhancement friendly; fast-loader, accessible, usable, flexible and consistent, can definitely give a boost to your business inadwardly and outwardly.
For your virtual assistant / outsourcing services needs in web design and management, visit us online at http://www.remoteworkmate.com/web-design-virtual-assistant/ .